Friday, June 25, 2010

Movies

Mike and I just watched "Precious" based on the book...  WOW!  It's very difficult to watch, being about a very painful life.  The story is so powerful, and so powerfully played.  I was crying quite a bit.  (yea I know I used to cry at Bell Tell commercials.)  I recommend it highly, but not when you're alone.

The lock show is coming together.  Looks like we'll be oversold on tables.  Hopefully lots of those people will stay for the banquet.  Especially good from my point of view,  some new collectors will be showing, and/or coming to the show.  Fresh blood!!!  Someone has to buy the locks Mike sweetly tells me are my inheritance.

It's been really hot, so today was the first time in awhile I've done anything in the gardens.  I weeded some, and trimmed a ton of forsythia.  I keep thinking about trimming the grapes, which are going crazy.  Mike's big (!) car is parked in front of the grapes which now trail underneath the car.  I want to see how long it'll take the grapes to cover it.  OK I'll probably trim them before the car disappears.

I did see some tiny beginning cucumbers and some beginning tomatoes. YEA.




No comments:

Post a Comment